Friday, May 20, 2011

Natalie Portman Pregnant, Engaged to Benjamin Millepied

0 comments
Natalie Portman is engaged to choreographer Benjamin Millepied, and the couple is expecting their first child, her rep confirmed to ABC News.

Portman, 29, and Millepied, 32, met during the production of "Black Swan." Millepied, a principal dancer in New York City Ballet, choreographed the film, which has earned Portman nominations for Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards.

The notoriously private Portman has been linked to Millepied, a classically trained ballet dancer who was born in France, since early this year, when gossip sites began reporting that the pair started quietly dating last fall.

According to the New York Post, Millepied split with his live-in girlfriend, a dancer in the American Ballet Theater, when he began seeing Portman.
VIDEO: A double announcement from Natalie Portman whose engaged to Benjamin Millepied.
ABCNEWS.com
View Full Size
VIDEO: A double announcement from Natalie Portman whose engaged to Benjamin Millepied.
ABCNEWS.com
Natalie Portman's 'Black Swan' Fuels Oscar Buzz Watch Video
Mila Kunis on 'Black Swan' Watch Video
Gwyneth Paltrow Sings at CMAs Watch Video

The actress had been previously linked to folk singer Devendra Banhart and Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal.

In an interview four years ago for Ynet.news, Portman, who was born in Israel, said she would like to bring up her children in the Jewish faith: "A priority for me is definitely that I'd like to raise my kids Jewish, but the ultimate thing is to have someone who is a good person and who is a partner."

It's unknown whether Millepied is Jewish.

Eating for Two?

Perhaps, tellingly, Portman has been talking about how much she's been eating these days.

"I consume my own weight in hum mus every day," she told Vogue. "I cook a lot, and I even do vegan baking."

"I like pleasure. I like joy. I'd never get to the point where I would starve or injure myself like Nina does," she said, referring to her "Black Swan" character. "I'm the opposite -- when I'm hungry, I eat, and I always make sure I'm eating something delicious."

To play a ballerina in "Black Swan," Portman dropped 20 pounds from her already petite frame, leading director Darren Aronofsky to worry that she'd perhaps gone too far in preparing for the role.

"At a certain point, I looked at [Natalie's] back, and she was so skinny and so cut," Aronofsky told "Access Hollywood." "I was like, 'Natalie, start eating.' I made sure she had a bunch of food in her trailer."

Update: Natalie released a statement to EW saying, "I have always kept my private life private but I will say that I am indescribably happy and feel very grateful to have this experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment